Anyone make tater tot casserole?

Is it any good??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I like it but haven't made it for a while because we have got burnt out on it and it depends what kind of recipe it is...Everyone has a different one!:) LOL
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 10:09 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• It's definatly a "kid friendly" meal. My kiddos and myself love it. However, Hubby's not so crazy over it. LIke the pp said, everyone has a different way of making it. You can truly make it your own!
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 10:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I find it tastes like shepherds pie. I make it in the crock pot too SUPER EASY!! Do you have a recipe? If you need one send me a PM I'd be happy to share.
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 10:12 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I make it my kids and dh love it. Im not a huge fan but I figure if they like it then its a good option LOL

Answer by gemgem at 10:12 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yeah, I found several recipes, some calling for hamburger-others without. I didn't know which to use?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• When I was in school the lunch ladies used to make this...dang, I haven't had this in a long time :)
    They made it like shepherd's pie with hamburger and mixed vegetables and the tator tots were on top when it was all brown they covered it with grated cheese.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Ingredients

2 lbs lean ground beef
    1 onion, chopped
    2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chili
    1 (14 1/2 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
    1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
    1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheese
    1 (32 ounce) package frozen tater tots

Directions
    Cook ground beef and onion in a big skillet over med-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is browned; drain well, and return to skillet. Stir in chili, tomatoes, and corn. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Top evenly with tots. Cover with Cheese Bake in a 350* oven for 1 hour or until tots are golden.

We have salad with it. The kids loooove it!
    PatCarMom

Answer by PatCarMom at 11:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• It is pretty good.
    teacher312

Answer by teacher312 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• love it they way we make it is tater tots or hashbrowns but them at the bottom of the pan then mix together cooked hamb., half a thing of sour cream and cream of mushroom soup... then put that on top of the tater tots.... then add more tater tots and then sprinkle cheese on top... sometime i mix some vegies in there too
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2009