what can i drink or eat? im 24 weeks now and i have to go to work but even tho i have a good night sleep i have no energy :(

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 10:18 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try caffeine free green tea, or some milk.... I have been EXHAUSTED through this entire pregnancy!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i dont know about food but with my first i kept getting so sick my dr perscribed me zofran!! It worked!! Its like phenergran but without the drowsiness! Hope this helps!
    cortneydmorris

Answer by cortneydmorris at 10:27 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Being exaughsted is pretty normal, but something that can/will help is your vitamins. If you aren't taking your normal prenatal vitamins, then go pick up a Vitamin B-12 Complex. It contains a wide variety of B Vitamins that give you butt-loads of energy.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Vitamin B rich foods, and emergen-c. It is good for you and safe during pregnancy.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• If you figure something out that works, then let me know! I'm exhausted all the time and have been for several weeks. I'm 31w 1d.... *sighs* So tired... I'm even tired the minute I wake up and all day long. I'm taking my vitamins but I don't know what else to do either
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I read the first response and just want to say, a lot of the book/articles I have been reading have advised against green tea, so be careful there (something about the amount of or type of antioxidants being harmful).
    Otherwise, not sure what to do about the lack of energy, I've been the same way :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Oh I feel for you. I hated being so tired and exhausted all the time. My lifesavers that helped didt cure the tired but helped a lot! Were apple juice, or hot apple cider, orange juice, and gatorade. It sucked not being able to have coffee. But the apple juice or even a whole apple helped tons, Becaus apples have some nutrient in them that helps wake you up. I forget what its called. But I heard that and had an apple for breakfast and it really helped to wake me up. Even when I feel really tired I will grab an apple or apple juice and it wakes you up, gives you a good boost of energy. its crazy, but works and apples are good for you :)
    mgurl

Answer by mgurl at 12:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• oatmeal, something with sugar?
    Anonymous

• Caffeine in moderation while you're pregnant is fine. It is recommended that you consume no more than 200 mg of caffeine per day while pregnant.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_caffeine-during-pregnancy_3955.bc

That link includes a chart that tells how much caffeine is in different things.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 8:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2009