Okay I have heard a lot about Same sex Marriages

I saw on this facebook page of mine a few minutes ago and I think it is pretty neat.

http://front.moveon.org/this-question-will-stump-all-your-religious-anti-gay-friends/#.T8DvpizVs2U.facebook

this is thee link, but I am not sure if it will go to a petition or not, but just keep in mind that I am just referring to the black quote. I am not asking anyone to sign a petition, but however if you do feel like it be my guest :)

Now my question is, what do you think about this quote? Do you agree or not agree?

I agree because it says in the bible not to judge others

meliscool72

Asked by meliscool72 at 3:10 PM on May. 26, 2012 in Religious Debate

• Didn't you know? People cherry pick the bible. They pick and choose what they want to follow out of the bible.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:15 PM on May. 26, 2012

• I've seen this quote before, and I love it :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:23 PM on May. 26, 2012

• meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:58 PM on May. 26, 2012

• – collapse
    Lately I am blown away by the unoriginal, redundant crap posted here. Is there an original thought to be had by anyone here?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 5:47 PM on May. 26, 2012 (hidden) + expand

• ad, if you got one, I'd love to hear it.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 2:23 AM on May. 27, 2012

• *you've
    BubbaLuva

• – collapse
    ad, if you got one, I'd love to hear it.
    >>>
    Who are you to call me ad? Which incarnation of a past poster?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:14 AM on May. 27, 2012 (hidden) + expand

• People "cherry-pick" the Bible? That's exactly what the OP has done. Not only are we not supposed to judge but we are not supposed to embrace sexual immorality and call it an alternative lifestyle, which means accepting it.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 8:47 AM on May. 27, 2012

• Who are you to call me ad? Which incarnation of a past poster?

She's been around longer than you, genius
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:40 AM on May. 27, 2012

• I think it's so funny we hear "we are not supposed to embrace..." when Jesus himself ate with the sinners (sharing a meal with someone was actually a big deal, too), he spent time with those on the outside of society, reached out to them with dignity and respect, and didn't demand they change before inviting himself into their homes. This ostracism we see is contradictory to the way of Christ. And that's not even opening up the argument for the original translation of the Bible in terms of homosexuality, etc - like there not even being a word for homosexuality until the 1800's, or even the way that "sexual immorality" has evolved to exclude those who have divorced and remarried outside of cases of adultery, or the way that other "abominations" (like eating pork or shellfish, etc) have been allowed. Or the idea that we are told to love our neighbors, and to leave the judgment and all that to God - you know, let God do His job.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:18 AM on May. 27, 2012