What is the best formula to give your baby

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 3:39 PM on May. 26, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• really depends on your baby. My DD was allergic to milk and had a reflex problem, she was on neutramgian(sp?)
    My DS was on breast milk till 7 months and he did well on similac
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:53 PM on May. 26, 2012

• It depends on your baby, but I will tell you that the nurse in the hospital told me that they don't recommend generic or Good Start. In fact, if you look at the label on the generic, you will see they have lower amounts in the vitamins and minerals then the 'brand' name.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:57 PM on May. 26, 2012

• All 3 of my children did well on Similac. My first born tried just about every kind of formula they made before I decided that Similac was best for her. My youngest son could not tolerate generic formulas, I matched ingredient to ingredient on Similac and a brand name and my jaw dropped when I saw what the difference was. It had almost everything similac had(in lower quantities) and MORE!! needless to say I will forever more stick with Similac only
    mylady13135

Answer by mylady13135 at 4:27 PM on May. 26, 2012

• Why do you want formula?
    I think generally the homemade ones vs commercial. You might peruse recipes.

GL!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:38 PM on May. 26, 2012

• Compare labels, that is what I did with DS. DD used Enfamil Premium, but DS has had issues with almost every formula we have tried. Right now we are using Good Start Soy, but I am thinking of changing it yet again because he throws up constantly. It is really hit and miss.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 4:48 PM on May. 26, 2012

• Similac seems to be the most recommended. Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 5:11 PM on May. 26, 2012

• My daughter was on breastmilk till she was 6months and then Sensitive Similac did her justice....Goodluck
    Shantina

Answer by Shantina at 5:46 PM on May. 26, 2012

• there is no "one best", different babies have different needs. all of mine ended up on different kinds - gentle, soy, regular, different brands, etc. it is trial and error, pretty much.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 6:17 PM on May. 26, 2012

• Imfamil
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 7:05 PM on May. 26, 2012

• Start with Similac Advance. If the baby gets gassy&/or a lot of spit up switch to Similac Sensitive. I really recommend the liquid bottled Premixed Similacs, not the powder version of any formula.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:17 PM on May. 26, 2012