How old before??

I know every child is different but what is an appropriate age to introduce juice to a baby also what kind and how much? What about table food?? My 7 month old can tear up some food, he already eats stage 3 foods as well as puffs, cookies, and wheel thingies.(all baby brand) just curious on when I could start him on stuff like french fries or chicken fingers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on May. 26, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is recommended not to give juice until after a year (it is mostly just sugar). I mostly give my DD cranberry juice, sometimes orange juice, and occasionally she gets some grape or apple, but she only gets juice maybe once a week. She drinks water most of the time. Does he have teeth? If not I wouldn't give chicken fingers, and french fries are basically all grease so a 7 month old shouldn't really eat that kind of stuff anyways. Feed him soft chunks of fruits and veggies (cooked) and stuff like that.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 4:46 PM on May. 26, 2012

• Best way for a baby to have fruit is the real fruit. Juice has way to much artifical sugar in it.
    But if you insist. Start out with watered down juice.

Answer by louise2 at 5:07 PM on May. 26, 2012

• Chicken fingers and french fries aren't the kind of thing you want to give your baby. Instead cut up small pieces of fruit like bananas, grapes or steamed veggies into manageable bits for a very young child. At 7 months he doesn't need most of what you are feeding him. He needs "milk" (breast or formula) and some fruits and veggies. Loading him up on junk like puffs and cookies is going to set both of you up for a battle when you want him to eat his veggies but all he has a taste for is the sweet junk food and crap nutrition of fries and "chicken" fingers. Even stuff like that which is labeled organic or all natural isn't good for anyone never mind a tender young body that has lots of growing and development in front of him.

You will have years and years to feed him all sorts of things. I wouldn't rush it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:10 PM on May. 26, 2012

• Ok, let me clarify a little bit. MOST of what he gets is still formula, he drinks about 24 ounces a day. He usually gets oatmeal for breakfast, homemade fruits for lunch, and homemade veggies for dinner. I have a food processor that allows me to make most of his foods. The snacks i sometimes give him(the puffs and cookies and stuff) is a very little bit and MAYBE every other day. I like to give them to him so he can practice chewing, he does love them though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:41 PM on May. 26, 2012

• Formula first and then any healthy, soft, food that you eat and he can mash with his gums can be offered. 

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/solidfood6to8montholdbaby.htm

whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 6:46 PM on May. 26, 2012

• everybody starts their kid off at diff stages..my kids started on juice at 6wks,table food at 3mons,
    LumpyPrincess

Answer by LumpyPrincess at 8:28 PM on May. 26, 2012

• The longer you hold out on fried food the better. Ditto for juice. Why give them the taste for stuff that has absolutely no positive nutritional value. Have you considered trying things like lentils?
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 9:20 AM on May. 27, 2012