5 and 6 week ultrasound showed empty sac

Me and my husband have tried for two years to conceive. We went last week for our first doctor's appointment and they went by my lmp and said i was almost 7 weeks but when they did the ultrasound it was measuring 5 weeks and was just an empty sac. We went back last week for another ultrasound and it is still just an empty sac and the doctor told us he was 99.5 percent sure it was a blighted ovum. He wants us to go back next week for one more ultrasound and then he wants to discuss options such as a d&c. Has anyone every experienced this? Any advice at all will be helpful...

nellieovunda

Asked by nellieovunda at 4:49 PM on May. 26, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I have no experience, but *hugs* and baby dust to you and your SO. Here's a bump, too.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 4:53 PM on May. 26, 2012

• I read the title of this and got a heavy heart for you... No experience with it, just had to tell you I am so very sorry... ** HUGS***
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:07 PM on May. 26, 2012

• Sorry this happened to you. On the positive side though, a blighted ovum means you had everything BUT a baby in there...so you didn't lose a child. I don't know if that makes it any easier, because I know the hope that comes with that positive test. I suffered a miscarriage years ago, and nothing that anyone said made me feel better...I just had to heal in time. I send my best wishes and lots of baby dust to you and your husband.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 6:39 PM on May. 26, 2012

• I had the same thing happen before I became pregnant with my DD, Stay strong and positive. Hugs & Baby Dust.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:59 PM on May. 26, 2012