Nannying + McDonalds

I had this question as a poll, but people were asking for more details. I watch my son 24/7 except when I'm at Mcds 4 hours 5 days (my family watches my son). I watch a 3 1/2 mo girl who is very fussy M-F 8-5 (I have to go pick her up MWF and bring her back to my house) and I get $175/week for her. I watch another 3mo boy (who is also very irritable) two days a week usually 630am-8 (s/t his dad will pick him up at like 4 or 5) and I get $65 for a short day and $80 for a long day. Then I work nights at mcds. Thankfully I have a very well-behaved baby, so I dont have three fussies. I get about $100/week for mcds. I usually have all day sunday off except I still have my son, and occasionally i have a sat off. what do you think??

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 10:32 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• OMG, leave McDonad's, It IS NOT WORTH IT. I understand in a really bad situation, where you don't have a choice and really really need money, then ok, but it seems like you HAVE a choice, If you can stay home with those kids and your baby and get paid for it, I'd quit McDonald's in a heart bit. I don't know, maybe I'm saying that because I worked there for 2 years and that was the worst experience in my life, THEY EAT YOU ALIVE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I think you may get stressed out. I would. But if you need the money........
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:34 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Think of what, there isn't a question. But you do sound like you have a very busy schedule, and if that is what you are wondering, then yes cut back if you can afford it. Otherwise, repost the question, cause I don't get it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I'm not exactly sure what you're question is. What do we think about what? The pay? The hours? Can you clarify what it is exactly that you want our thoughts on?
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:35 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I think you are working too much, and if you can afford to let go of the $100 a week from Mickey D's and maybe pick up watching another little kid during the week and take the weekends to stay with your LO, you will enjoy life a lot more. You need to take some time for yourself and your son, and if I were you, that is what I would do.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:36 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• After seeing your questions a couple of times about this now...I'm not sure what you are getting at? Do you want kudos for working outside the home for twenty hours a week and for watching a couple of babies? Congratulations, you have my sincere admiration for stepping up to the plate and taking care of business like you should as an adult.
    No I don't think you are working too much, if that is what you are asking. As parents you do what you need to do to take care of yourself and your children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• The only reason that I would stay at McD's would be if you had health insurance through them, but it doesn't sound like you work enough hours (if they even offer it), so I would drop McD's and pick up another kid to care for. I mean, you spend the whole day with babies and then you go to McD's, that's a lot and it takes away from the quality time that you could be having with your own baby.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 29, 2009