Anyone hear any updates on this?

I worked with Lindsay Pope in OKC until right before she was arrested on shoplifting charges.

Does anyone know anything about her hearing? My old boss has been spreading the word she's gotten the death penalty.

Check these two out:
http://newsok.com/article/3120186/1189220284
www.okkids.org/documents/odaniel.pdf

I was distraught to learn of this, Lindsay was my manager at a furniture store in OKC when she was arrested at the mall for stealing a $12 bra and panty set. Her $1mil bond and the 3 homes put up for collateral are gone...

Anyone else feel this is a shame?!

matobe

Asked by matobe at 10:41 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• A MILLION dollar bond for a stealing a $12 bra? I would say we don't know the WHOLE story!!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:43 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Well if she killed that baby she deserves the death penalty!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• lorikeet... read the articles i've attached.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• An unlicensed home day care operator was charged with first-degree murder after admitting to police she violently threw a 10-month-old boy under her care into a playpen, according to court records.

Lindsay Pope told police she had felt sick and could not stop the baby from crying when she threw him. The pregnant 25-year-old also admitted she initially concealed a bloody playpen from police.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 10:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I'm confused, you said she was arrested for shoplifting but according to the link you provided she killed a child in her care. I don't know if she will get the death penalty but she should.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Well, if it's true, she deserves it...
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 10:49 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• if you'd read it, the headline even said is now in jail, then another that said out on 1mil bond...

she was arrested shoplifting almost a yr later, they revoked her bond and took her back to jail.

i'm just wondering if it sped up the process of her hearing or what...?

when she was telling me about what had happened, she looked sad for the little boy, but there was no sound of remorse in her voice, she never said once that she apologized, nothing. She would look you straight in the eye and make you feel like she was being honest! Two forensics teams have deemed the baby's death as a blunt trauma to the head.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Wimsey
    An unlicensed home day care operator was charged with first-degree murder after admitting to police she violently threw a 10-month-old boy under her care into a playpen, according to court records.

***
    Haven't we heard enough tragedy for one day?! I'm with Wimsey on this one....let her rot/fry...she deserves whatever punishment she gets.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• She killed a child...if ever there were a crime that WARRANTED the death penalty this is the one.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• She deserves the death penalty if she killed a baby by throwing him under a play pen..How awful
    Lovebama

Answer by Lovebama at 11:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2009