I CHEATED?!

wel actually i dont know if this is considered cheating or not....i saw a question with this title and it got attention. mines a similar story but idk if its considered cheating? ok, me and my boyfriend got into a fight a few days ago. he told me it was over because he couldnt stand me anymore and dint love me and pretty much tokld me he wanted nothing to do with me. well, i called my friend and he came over (i wanted a guys point of view) and we ended up sleeping together, i was upset, and i guess since i hav low self esteem, it didnt help any...me and my boyfriend are bakk together now...i just wanted to know if this is considered cheating, should i tell him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• No, you didn't cheat! He broke it off said he didn't love you! Why the hell would you tell him? I wouldn't even be with his loser A**
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Not if you were broke-up but on a moral stand point it wouldn't look good. Just because you slept with someone the same day you broke-up.
    Anonymous

•  By what you said, Your BF technically broke up with you.  So you sleeping with a different guy was not cheating. IMO.

NO you should not tell him, you didn't do anything wrong.

Answer by louise2 at 10:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yes you should tell him...otherwise your relationship is based on a lie. Give him the opportunity to make a decision to stay or go. he has that right to know what you did. I am the kind of person that wants to know the truth first and foremost but if you keep it from me it just makes it worse. You are thinking of your feelings more than you are of his. You have a long way to go to know what makes a good relationship works and if you don't tell him then the time and effort yo think you are putting into it is just wasted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• it wasnt the same day. it was like a few days after. i was upset over it and i didnt intend on doing anything with this guy but i guess i didnt know what else to do. thank you for not being judgemental.
    Anonymous

• DO NOT TELL HIM.....thats what he gets for talkin such trash to you....the woman hes supposed to love.
    theQueenB

Answer by theQueenB at 10:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I wouldnt say you cheated... Hell hes the dumbass that broke up with ya.. An why did you take him back? Just let it go, unless the "friend" wants more or ends up telling him...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• If you and your boyfriend have the understanding that while you are together that you have an exclusive relationship, then sleeping with someone else during the relationship is cheating. But you say the relationship was temporarily over at that point. So technically, it would not be cheating. But since you got together again so quickly with your boyfriend, it appears that you hadn't really split up. Sleeping with someone else means that you had no feeling for your boyfriend at that time. So you went from being in love, to no feeling, to being in love again. I don't know what to tell you. How about if you feel comfortable discussing this with your boyfriend that it was not cheating, but if you feel guilty discussing it with him, then it was cheating?

Answer by Bmat at 10:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• The only thing I can think is that eventually he WILL find out and he's going to want answers as to why you didn't tell him. AND he will probably want you to not be firends with the guy anymore. You didn't do anything wrong, but he will think you did and try to use it against you.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 10:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i agree he broke up with you but if you told him he will use it agents you always. and it dosent look good to jump right in bed with someone right after a brake up regaurdless on how you felt. we do stupid things when were upset, so i wouldnt tell him. and understand being back with him means dealing with his crap and name calling. do u want to hear him say all that stuff everytime you fight? because he will. so think do u want to deal with it for 2 years- 3-4 years? if not move on. its better for you. and dont jump in bed with someone till u know its over. its less stressful. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2009