We are moiving

For the 1st time! Anyone have any good ideas for packing all our stuff?
My husband and I dont have too much but my son does!
This is the 1st time every moving out of my moms! hah =0) Pretty clueless over here.
We also have to paint before we move. We need to paint a living room and bathroom, any one have any cute color ideas ? The kitchen is completely white and out appliences are red so I was thinking DEFFINTALLY NOT blue. =0)
THANKS!

ReadyToRage

Asked by ReadyToRage at 10:52 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I don't know how old your son is, but something that really helped me was, as I was packing Kaylee's clothes, I sorted through them by size. I put all 0-3 months in one box, 3-6 months in another, and kept out all her 6-9 months since that is what she is wearing right now, and all clothes that I have that are too big for her I put in a bag.
    Something else I did was pack everything that we did not need. I mean, really, I left out 2 glasses, 2 plates, 3 bowls, 2 pots and 2 pans (of different sizes) and then the silverware, and the rest of it got packed.
    Anything that we were not using got packed, including bedding, and boxes piled in the corner.
    We found out we were moving into our house about 3 weeks ago, and our final move date is Saturday, and about 3/4 of our apartment is packed already, and it has been really stress free.

Good Luck!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Just try and get boxes anywhere you can such as grocery stores or hardware stores. Make sure you label all your boxes clearly with what room they go in and whats inside. For example "Master Bedroom. Melissa's Summer Clothes" it'll make things much easier for knowing what boxes have the things you need first so you know how to unpack quickly. The best and hottest colors are warm neutrals. I describe the color of my living room and dining room as Cafe Mocha. It look like coffee with some creamer in it, a warm beige. This looks amazing with the warm woods of my entertainment unit, fireplace and the dining room has black furniture with leather chairs that it looks stunning with. Not to mention red and this warn beige look great together as well. Thats the color of our drapes and sofa pillows for some color punch!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I agree i love mocha was....my daughter says they are chocolate milk. Look in the phone book andsee if you have a box factory near you. They will sell the misprinted ones for about $1 each an they usually have nice variety of sizes.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2009