How to Help bad M&M's? A Migraine & A Mamogram Today!

I have A Bad Migraine & A Free mamogram today! My first Ever! Bio mom died from Breast Cancer at age 47! How can I deal? Sweating Bullets & in pain!! Any ideas??

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:52 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Health

• I take Aleve for migraine, but mine are pretty mild. I suspect that the migraine may be because of distress about the mammo. Don't worry about the mammo procedure, it is uncomfortable, and if it is painful that only lasts a very short time. The technician will be very professional and will protect your modesty as much as possible. A doctor will read the pictures and tell the tech if you need to have any more done of specific areas in case the picture isn't clear enough. It is all over pretty quickly. Of course you are worried about the results. This is perfectly normal. Try to consciously relax to try to control the migraine.

Answer by Bmat at 11:03 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• If you don't have prescription migraine medicine try Sinol. You should be able to get it at the drug store for about $17 - $20.
    As for the mammogram, I haven't been yet. I was given the authorization at my OB/GYN months ago and still need to make the apt.
    Good luck!
    LisaZot

Answer by LisaZot at 2:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Hope everything goes well and you feel better soon. Let us know how it goes.
    cafeclubmom

Answer by cafeclubmom at 9:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2009