At a loss.

OK, I am at a loss for what to do right now. DS has had so many issues with feeding and they only seem to be getting worse. Breastfeeding was hell, he would start screaming at the top of his lungs every time I tried to feed him, whether from the breast or out of a bottle, and would scream for hours afterward as well. He did the same with normal formula. Finally a doctor suggested using a gentle formula, and that only made the problems worse. He has also had huge issues with constipation. Finally Soy formula was suggested and he has been using that for a few months now. At first his problems seemed to get a little better, but now it has gotten even worse than ever. He can't even eat 1/2 oz of formula without it all coming right back out 5 minutes later. This has been going on for over a week now, and I am at a loss. They keep telling me to wait it out, but how long am I supposed to wait this out? Today when I gave him baby food none of it came back up, so I am sure is the formula. I gave him formula about 1.5 hours after baby food and the 4 oz formula came back up. The doctors seem to think that I am over exaggerating the issues that we have been having with him, because he seems happy at his appointment, but that isn't an accurate measure. At home his is fussy for hours after eating and he can eat 1 oz and most will come right back up and then it will continue coming up for hours after feeding. What can I do? Does anyone have any suggestions?

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 9:59 PM on May. 26, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://similac.com/baby-formula/similac-expert-care-alimentum

similac makes it.. I had never heard of it until the doctor told me about it..

Blessed_mom1102

Answer by Blessed_mom1102 at 10:17 PM on May. 26, 2012

• Film his feedings The process. Bring it back to your doctor. Do you burp him? If baby food does not bother him. Feed him more of that. How old is he?

Answer by louise2 at 10:06 PM on May. 26, 2012

• sounds like what my DD had, she was on neutramgian (sp?) formula
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:20 PM on May. 26, 2012

• Tell me about it. I tried to breastfeed her but couldnt because of her problems. I never thought about WIC until my DD was 4 months old
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:30 PM on May. 26, 2012

• Sounds like reflux

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:05 PM on May. 26, 2012

• sounds like my son! With my 2nd we tried so many different formulas nothing worked the doctor then put him on alimentum formula it worked
    Blessed_mom1102

Answer by Blessed_mom1102 at 10:11 PM on May. 26, 2012

• Sounds like my DS when he was a baby he was diagnosed with Reflux and was on Zantac till he was around 8 months or so,Sorry I can't be more help.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:13 PM on May. 26, 2012

• My daughter did this. The doctor finally decided that the flap closing her esophagus from her stomach was not mature. She could spew 3 feet away...and I'm not exaggerating, cried all the time, and she was breastfed and REFUSED a bottle. So if she spit up (aka. had an exorcist episode) she was hungry again and I was empty. Could you suggest to your doctor to send you to a pediatric gastroenterologist? I can't remember the name of the meds they put her on, but they helped more than anything else we tried. She did eventually outgrow it...around 8 or 9 months. Baby food will stay down bc its thicker than formula. Good luck mama.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:16 PM on May. 26, 2012

• It is really bad to give a baby water...it throws the chemical balance in their body off. Please ask your doctor what is a a safe amount if you haven't already.

Anonymous

• anonymous
    I have never heard that. Everyone of my kids doctors said it's okay in small amounts. Especially is important when it's hot outside.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:21 PM on May. 26, 2012