Silly question????

I am getting married next June and I'm thinking of making my own food because all the caterers I've called are way over my budget. Does anyone know of a website where I can figure out the amount of all the ingredients I'll need to do so for about 150 people? Thanks ladies!

LovingParent08

Asked by LovingParent08 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• we had family do our food for our wedding except the wedding and grooms cake..
    it came out wonderful!
    go for it!!
    and congrats
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• If you use allrecipes.com you can increase the servings on their recipes to whatever amount of servings you want. I haven't tried it for that many servings, but it's worth a shot to pick a few recipes and increase the servings to what you need and see what it gives you.
    Anonymous

• it is a good idea, but I actually found that I'd save more money if i did KFC catering. it was a nice chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and everything for 100 people at about 500 dollars.

Just make sure you get all the cooking done by the day before the wedding and have other people help you bring the food. you should be able to relax and enjoy you rbig day without having to be a server as well.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 1:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• We cooked all of our food for our wedding and I have done several in our family it is alot of work but you save a ton of money and the family is more impressed by the homemade food then some fancy food anyway if you want any ideas let me know I will try to help are you having an indoor or outdoor wedding and what types of food do you like?
    AmieJo853

Answer by AmieJo853 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2009