Is this normal during pregnancy?

Every single night when I have to get in or out of bed my bones in my legs and hips pop... and it hurts..no matter what way I try to get out of bed... and I have tried every way possible it happens..its such a scary sound..and I don't remember this happening my first pregnancy. I am just wondering if its normal or something I should call the Dr. about...I always forget to tell her when I go in the office..they rush you around so much.

just4today21

Asked by just4today21 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm 31 weeks and it started hapening to me too. I think it's normal and nothing to get too worried about. It is painful but there isn't much to do for it, sleep with a pillow between your legs. That helps a little bit
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i have had it with both of my pregnancies my doc told me that it is just your hips wideing out for the birth of your baby and yes it can start happening very early in your pregnancy because it started with my DD when i was only 3 months along i havent really found anything that helps but sometimes when it pops it feels better other times it just makes me cry cause it hurts so bad good luck
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Thanks. I don't even think the popping hurts so bad as the sound just makes me cringe. I am about 31 weeks too with twins.. and there is no such thing as a good nights rest anymore thats for sure.. especially when I have a 17 month old! Glad to know I am not alone.. although not happy you guys have the pain too :o/
    just4today21

Answer by just4today21 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i am only 25 weeks pregnant and i can't sleep in a bed with my bf anymore i have to sleep on a love couch even though it is small i don't get as many pains and aches as i do when i have to sleep in a bed with someone. But i can sleep in a bed by myself just not with someone its weird.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I dont recall the popping hurting. but I do remember the popping. No way to move to avoid the popping. My doctor said it was normal not to worry about it. He said it was from the extra weight you are carrying plus the extra liquids you are drinking can get stored in joints and causes it, weird, but kinda makes sense i guess. And your hip joints widening to prepare for baby.
    My joints would pop all over, hips, knees, toes, feet, elbows, my neck everywhere. it was crazy.
    mgurl

Answer by mgurl at 12:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2009