What is the ring of fire?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its when you are in the transition stage of labor...its the stretching of the vagina when the baby is crowning. I have heard its the most painful part of labor...I have never experienced this but will soon!
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 11:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• why don't you try googling? whatever it is, it doesn't sound too good though! lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• It's the time when the largest part of your baby's head comes out. It doesn't last long(not nearly as long as transition), usually a couple minutes or less.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• The ring of fire occurs during crowning.. it's not long but it's definitely noticeable. I never experienced it because somehow my babies head just sort of popped out. I didn't go through the slow crowing stage lol..
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• It's when the baby's head is coming out, the most painful part of labor. AND it's also a drinking game.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 11:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• We have removed at least one answer from this question. Moms are looking for responses from other members that address the question they have asked. Please don't post judgmental or rude answers. They're not appreciated and will be removed by the CafeMom Team.

::The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 7:29 AM on Jan. 30, 2009