I have 2 children (a 3 yr old and a 3 mth old). How do I balance time with the two girls and my husband. I am having a hard time with this. My 3 yr old is very active of course and my baby of course requires a ton of attention. Please give me advice!

brittntarasmom

Asked by brittntarasmom at 11:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I also have a 3 year old and 4 month old girls. I am just starting to feel like I am getting a balance. I think it all depends on each child but I find that my youngest really enjoys watching me and my 3 year old while we are playing. For instance, last night she laid on the floor for about 25 minutes while me and my daughter colored together. We put my oldest to bed around 7:30 and then I am able to feed the baby and play with her a little before putting her to bed around 8:30 p.m. I then have time with my husband. We are also trying to schedule a date night once a month. When the baby is fussy and needs additional attention I just try to involve my oldest so taht she does not feel excluded. My daughter has really adjusted well and usually understands when I can not play with her right then. I can definately be difficult at times and I found it to be trial and error before finding the right balance. Good Luck
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 11:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2009