• In the Spotlight:

My husband and I did a "quickie" JP marriage @ city hall on 9-5-08 (his parents' wedding anniversary). We would like to have a renewal of our vows this September; and invite all of our family and friends this time! We want nothing too fancy, just casual & FUN ! ( and of course nothing too expensive ) I need some creative ideas for decorations, food, and fun. Can you help me?

AmyKristen8971

Asked by AmyKristen8971 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• My MIL made the food, we just did good comfort food. Stuff that is was easy to make a lot all at once....we did our whole wedding for under 2 grand. 600 of which was my dress. So it can be done.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 11:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/shared/sharedFlowController.goToBrowseController.do?requestURI=viewEndecaCategory&categoryId=377344&tabId=PartySupplies
    for starters check out this site for cheap decorating ideas... I absolutely love this site, and used it to help plan my DD's first b-day party.
    Secondly, I would try to rent ONE place and call in another JP. (cheaper that way)... and find a place that you can bring your own food into (some rental places insist that they cater). That way you can have people bring a plate to pass and save money that way. create a playlist of songs on your pc and bring it to the reception, and have a relative control it during things like "first dance" etc. but you can leave it playing during other times when you don't really need a DJ. For more Ideas pm me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I think a mexican theme would be fun...you could keep meat hot in crock pots for tacos or fajitas. Have queso and layered dips. A pinata for the kids would be fun and some margaritas.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2009