what other reasons beside pregnancy is there why I have gone 2 months without a period

Hi I have a problem. I have gone 2 months without a periond. I know the first thing everybody thinks of is that I am pregnant. Well that would be really hard to be since my husband had a vasectomy almost 2 years ago. I know that in some rare ocasion the procedure can not take so I am not ruling it out completly. And no I have not been with anybody else. I do have a doctors apointment monday. I don't feel pregnant. breast are not tender, not feeling sick. I am tired and I do have light cramps that come and go. About two weeks ago I had a light pink dischard. It wasn't even heavy enough to wear a pad. Doese anybody have any sugestions?

Lynn728

Asked by Lynn728 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Health

• Thyroid problems can also affect your period. Other symptoms can include being tired, weight gain, and sorenes among other things. When you go to the doctor they will probably do a complete blood workup to exclude pregnancy and also check you thyroid level.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 11:18 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Lack of ovulation- it's the hormonal changes following ovulation that trigger a period. You may be having anovulatory cycles where no egg is released, therefore no period ever comes. I had this when I was coming off the bcp and had no period for about ten months... it can happen that a woman has an anovulatory cycle once in awhile just as a fluke occurence. The other two things that come to mind are pregnancy (like you said, a vasectomy is not one hundred percent!) or onset of menopause (my apologies if you are nowhere near menopausal- I don't know how old you are, and some women do hit menopause prematurely- my own mom went through menopause at age 39!) Hope the doctor can give you some answers!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yes thyroid, or other hormonal imbalances. Another common one is PCOS.
    rjsudler

Answer by rjsudler at 11:21 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• well I just took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. I got too so I can check in the morning. I am thirty so the thought of start going through menopaouse would be unusual. Thank you all for your thoughts on what this could be.
    Lynn728

Answer by Lynn728 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2009