Any remedies for a sore throat?

Aughh my throat has been hurting for two weeks. The doctor says its pharyngitis but its not getting any better. Its like swallowing a golf ball. Now my son is sick too. It is not fun being sick :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Health

• Try gargling with some warm salt water. That's always my mom's suggestion, and it seems to help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• yeah doctor said twice a day because water and salt removes infections i guess.
    ilovemyaj

Answer by ilovemyaj at 11:25 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• try gargling with hot/warm water and red pepper/vinager. just put some water in a cup and like a 1/4th tsp. of red pepper and just a T of white/apple cider vinager. Gargle several times a day. this helps me.
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 11:25 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• A cold should be pretty much over in two weeks. Try mixing a little kosher or non-iodine salt in a cup of warm water and sniffing it up and spitting it out, and then gargling with another cup of the solution. There are netipots that you can buy that come with packets of salt and baking soda, and that is easy to use, but you can make your own. This will clean out what is draining into your throat to make it sore. Do it several times a day. If your nasal discharge is thick and discolored, you may need to check with the doctor again, but antibiotics don't help colds or other viruses. For a sore throat, try tea with honey and lemon, or echinacea tea. I find airborne to be soothing, too.

Answer by Bmat at 11:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• shot of tequila. really, it works. just one shot tho.
    moniquesand

Answer by moniquesand at 2:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2009