Anyone use upromise?

How does it work? Do you like it?

susanjpt

Asked by susanjpt at 11:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• I've been using it for several years - they've put over $1000 in my daughter's college fund. You can register your credit cards and when you purchase from one of their participating retailers you get credit. I also shop online through their site and get credit (my favorites are barnes and nobel and shutterfly!). Also, you can get a CVS card or grocery card for some grocery stores, so you get credit from participating products (like coca-cola and thousands of other major brands). They have tons of other offers too.

I set up a 539 through their site with Vanguard and when there is $50 it automatically goes into her account. You can also invite friends and family to register - my dad did and every so often he has $100 transferred to her account - it's like free college $$$
    mnrock

Answer by mnrock at 11:35 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I do. I haven't got that much so far as I do a lot of online shopping and forgot to log in to upromise first. But a $100 here $100 there all ads up.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I do, but only have about $10 so far. I'ts not great, but it is free money, so I'll just let it slowly accrue.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2009