• In the Spotlight:

Couple shoots 22 yr old...no charges?? What do you think?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,484267,00.html

I think it's a no win situation for all involved and I for one am glad they didn't file charges. There seem to be some that are outraged that there were no charges filed.

Your thoughts please?

mamakirs

Asked by mamakirs at 11:21 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The 22 yr old could of called authorities to help get inside,what he thought,was his home instead of busting a window.Then the whole situation could of been avoided.

I think I would of done the same thing.If someone seems that determined to get inside your home how are you to know they do not mean you harm? He sounded extremely obnoxious and violent.That is how it appeared to the home owner I suppose.

I do feel for the family of this 22 yr old...very unfortunate.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would have done the same thing! No way he could have convinced me after that much persistance of trying to get into MY house. I understand he thought he was going to his house but that wasn't the situation at that moment on the outlook of the home owner.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:31 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• It is sad that the man thought it was his house..but I am all for shooting anyone who thinks they can come in your house and do as they please.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:39 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• thats why im gonna get a taser....too many accidents with guns
    Pepperlynns

Answer by Pepperlynns at 11:41 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I am sure it was scary for the couple and I don't think they should be charged. This 22 year old drank too much, drove and scared the shit out of people. He is lucky he did not kill anyone on the way to their home. It is sad for his family but had he not drank too much he would be alive right now.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Why in the world would anybody think charges should be filed? The people were just protecting themselves. The jackass shouldn't have gotten drunk in the first place! Didn't he recognize that the dogs barking weren't his dogs? I would have shot him too. When was he going to come out of his stupor and realize where he was? After he hurt somebody in the house or after the dogs ripped his throat out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• The EXACT thing happened in Lubbock TX awhile ago - another reason to not drink and drive
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Now that is a hard situation. He wasn't trying to actually harm anyone, he was drunk out of his mind obviously. I think you have the right to defend yourself especially someone who is trying to intrude.at the same time, you never know what a person is capable of. They shouldnt be charged in this instance.
    Lovebama

Answer by Lovebama at 12:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• They should be charged for something or at least have to pay a fine. That poor man didn't do anything wrong but make a simple mistake and drive home drunk. That doesn't constiute a death sentence.
    Anonymous

• anon at 9:08..while I respect your opinion...how in the heck did those people know he was drunk? That poor man commited one crime after another....should the homeowners have asked the guy pounding on their door and then breaking in to please submit to a breathalizer before they shot him?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2009