first trip with a 10 week old

i will be making a 6 hr trip with my 10 week old son can anyone give me advice if he getts fussy how much diapers and clothes should i take im so scared he will cry the inire trip help

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This probably won't help but I took my daughter on a trip that age and she did cry the whole time. Plan on the trip taking more like 8 hours because you will have to stop frequently. The good thing was that she didn't cry much on the way home because she was tired. My daughter didn't like her carseat at that age though so if your baby is ok in the seat maybe it won't be that bad. Just take your time, take frequent breaks, maybe get something to entertain him like music or things that strap on to the back seat for them to look at.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 11:34 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• We took a 2 hour trip to tthe beach when my DS was 2 months old. He did cry the whole time I hate to say. Just plan frequent stops and bring lots of food and diapers. We also drove 18 hours to florida when he was 5 months old. Crazy? Yes! But this time we left at night right at his bed time when he normally goes to sleep and he pretty much slept the whole night while we drove all night and only cried during the day. I would recommed if you can leave at bed time and drive at night it may be your best bet! Best of luck!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 12:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2009