Did you breastfeed during any of your pregnancies?

If so, were there any complications? When did you stop breastfeeding the older one? Anything else I may need to know? I only need to hear from moms who have been in this situation. Thanks.

EvaSerenity

Asked by EvaSerenity at 11:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes i bf all 4 of mine...i don't understand when you ask when did we stop bf the older one? do you mean you are bf one and expecting another soon? just not getting it...I didn't have any complications they were all pretty smooth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Many women do. I nursed for a couple months at the begining but my daughter naturally weaned at 21 months old lol.

There wont be problems unless you are at risk for preterm labor... breastfeeding stimulates the uterus but not enough to be problematic and the nipple stimulation from nursing wont do anything unless your body is ready anyways.

There are also many women who nurse the toddler and the new baby, it's called tandem nursing.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:38 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I'm 37 weeks pregnant and still nursing. I have had no complications. I plan to allow my son to self wean so I'll be tandem nursing once the new baby comes.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I nursed half way through my second pregnancy. I was nursing a 9 month old when I got pregnant, and weaning and formula feeding just was not an option for me. My goal was always a minimum of 2 years of nursing. My milk all but dried up by the time he was about 13 months, (he was only nursing about 2 times a day at that point). He ended up self weaning at 14 months,, which I had very mixed feelings about. I was hoping to nurse through the pregnancy and tandem nurse, but that is not how it turned out. Great info for you on breastfeeding while PG at http://www.llli.org/NB/NBpregnancy.html

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2009