Alimentum Formula

Any advice for switching my dd from breast milk to the alimentum formula. I heard it doesn't taste very good, how do I switch?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i used the neutramagin formula which was the other brands formula of that and my son didn't have any problem at all.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• why do you need to switch? alimentum is a formula that's for children with a cows milk protein allergy, or sensitivity. Have you tried cutting out dairy? i had to do that with my daughter, and could eventually reintroduce it.. we nursed for 21 months.

We did try that stuff and it was awful and made her worse because it's harder to digest than breast milk. You should try it slowly, maybe mix a couple oz of the formula with breast milk..
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:34 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yes she's allergic to milk and soy and because of that I"m not eating enough to maintain my milk supply and it's just too demanding and I'm sick all the time because of it. I've been off milk and soy for 3 months now and it's just too much so I'm going to make the switch.
    Anonymous

• good luck to you.. introduce it slowly :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2009