• In the Spotlight:

Homeschool for Pre K?

Hayden will be 2 in March. I know she isn't ready for a Pre K program, but I would like some more information about homeschooling for pre k and then sending her to school for k-12. We have already decided on private schooling for her but the Pre K program seems like a waste of money. We live in NY.
Where can I learn more about it? Any Cafemom groups?

Haydensmom326

Asked by Haydensmom326 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• there probably is a group on it. If it's required to go to Pre-K in your state then you'd have to look up the rules for your state too.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:31 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• The Happy Homeschoolers group is full of helpful information for all grade levels.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Joelle i just joined a group homeschool 4 preschool...theres some good info on there. Also on BM some of the links jenn posted ill be using! Im going to follow the prek school year of Sept-may too.
    Heather12381

Answer by Heather12381 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• This may be stupid but do you even have to send your child to prek?! ....Is that what everyone does? or is it required? I def. think I would homeschool for prek than send her to school but then again Ron would say I need to cut the umbilical cord sometime LOL
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 10:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• We're in NY too, you can look into workbooks at target, sams, bj's or book stores. My son as learned a lot from his and leap frog videos. We started with Letter factory and moved on to the others from there. She's only two, so they wouldn't take her yet, but there is universal Pre-K in NY. Look into your districts website, it should give you an idea of the schools/preschools they work with and if there is one close to you. It's 2 to 2 1/2 hours five days a week, you only need to get her to and from the school.

PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 1:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I just checked your page, I'm from the Buffalo area too.
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 1:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2009