potty problems after 1 year of using it??

My daughter is 3 and has been using the potty with no problems for the last year until recently. She just started preschool after my grandfather, who has watched her since she was 6 months old, passed away. She, all of a sudden, started wetting the bed and also peeing on the floor. It's very strange because at first I thought she was doing it for attention but now she is trying to hide it. I need some advice why is she doing this and what can I do to get her back to the potty?

Laylasmommy3

Asked by Laylasmommy3 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I had the same problem recently with my daughter who is also three and has been potty trained for nearly a year. I called a friend of mine who is a pediatrics nurse. She told me that its normal to see toddlers have a 'wetting episode' after knowing how to go to the bathroom for a while. It can be related to many things like stress, fears..etc. She mentioned for my daughter that there are younger children at daycare and she may just be reverting to the old ways. Her advice was to give the encouragements you gave her while potty training before. Tell her how proud of her you are when she does use the potty. Tell her how she wants to be a big girl. Also try bedtime stories that have the main character (princess in my case) win something by peeing on the potty. lol. Surprisingly it worked for my girl. She loves telling me how the Unicorn Prince was happy with her peeing on the potty that she won the trophy! lol. Good Luck!!!
    asharp22

Answer by asharp22 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2009