What would you do if you could?

What would you do if you could?
This is a spin off of another question about the bailout. How would you purpose we spend the stimulus money? What is actually pork to you?(This is imo, relative to what one finds to be a priority.) I know some say we should cut taxes for the rich 1 percent of Americans. Some say we should help the poor with welfare, unemployment benefits etc.
Or maybe you think we should stand by and do nothing.

I would love to hear everyone's opinion. Please no bashing. If you aren't serious about answering, please don't bother.

Thanks

Lovebama

Asked by Lovebama at 11:42 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• How would you purpose we spend the stimulus money? Tax Cuts.  How about no corporate taxes to get companies BACK in amercia building industry. How about Alternative Energy Production (not research, but actual production). How about Payroll tax holiday.

What is actually pork to you? Is the "pet" project of the politician put in the bill to accomplish their own agenda.  And it rarely has to do with the bill. (ie: contraceptions do not stimulate the economy... 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• That's a toughie... I personally think we should take back the money we lent to those greedy companies. They are just going to do it again if we bail them out. A 50 million dollar jet after we lend you billions? Are you f-ing kidding me? Who cares if they go under. We don't need them. Start new corporations with that money with honest people who won't take the money for granted. That's what we should do with all that money. Now we don't have any left... The common people could have used that billions of dollars... There aren't even 1 billion people living in the freaking country! So we could have each gotten at least a million dollars! Makes me so mad. Sorry this was so long I'm just pissed now LOL!
    madrigalreject

Answer by madrigalreject at 11:49 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I wish that they would have eliminated the digital tv conversion as a whole and given all of that money to small business tax cuts to create jobs next year.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I am very upset too about how much money was given to these companies and banks. I was against it in the first place. I am even more annoyed that the banks arent lending and companies are spending on new jets. It is a kick in the face to their employees.

Fiveofakind2 - that is a great idea that would really help small businesses which are the backbone of our economy.
    Lovebama

Answer by Lovebama at 11:55 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• We should cut taxes for all. The bailout (stimulus) should be all about tax cuts and tax breaks for companies that provide jobs in the USA. On our soil we pay higher corporate taxes than many other countries a reason so many leave our soil. The rich pay most of the taxes so to raise their taxes is insane they pay most of them anyway. We need to lower them and things will ease up. This has worked before.  We can bailout companies and homeowners all day.  They will go back to the same bad habits that got them where they are now.  Let some companies and people go under it will suck but in time it will get better. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• BTW the 825 billion would only give americans 4125k not a million a piece.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• anon 956

I just wonder if the bad habits of people actually got us in this predicament or the greedy banks? I personally have seen this housing situation with my mom. She bought a home in 2005 and the people that sold her the house werent on the up and up. She had to short sale. It was so sad. Her payment grew and grew every few months to a ridiculous amount.

I know this is such a complicated situation at every turn.

But sometimes I think that "some" not "all" of these businesses are just laying off people and asking for money just to take advantage of the situation.
    Lovebama

Answer by Lovebama at 12:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• ie: contraceptions do not stimulate the economy...

I know this was taken out. BUt the STD pork, was not.. pardon me.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• grlygrlz- I was trying to piece together the contraception thing myself...didn't get it at all.
    Lovebama

Answer by Lovebama at 12:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• nothing. we should not be bailing out anyone. banks, car companies no one. the government did this to us and now we are all screwed.
    kittymommy

Answer by kittymommy at 12:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2009