Did you let yourself go?

If so, how long did you do it for? and was it after having a baby or after getting married? and did you come to terms with yourself and change that? or are you still like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I let myself go and haven't found myself since having my baby! I most definitly want to lose weight its just a matter of getting started..
    Anonymous

• I let go after baby. I'm actually the same weight as before, but my body definately doesn't look the same. It needs alot of toning up.
    Anonymous

• Heck yeah. After my youngest was born. I was always covered in 'goo', so trying to do anything for myself was pointless. I lived in jeans and tshirts...if I bothered to get dressed at all. I also have pretty expensive taste in clothes and didn't feel right expecting my DH to pay for it. So a few months ago I started doing stuff to get a little fun money rolling in, and I've been upgrading my wardrobe ever since. I've been doing it in steps. Started with a good skincare routine. When I was good with that I went out and got a high-maintenance haircut so I'd have to style it every day. Now that it's a comfortable part of my routine I've added putting a little make-up on every day. Next I'm going to buckle down and lose 20lbs. so all my nice clothes don't fit anymore and I have to buy more! LOL!

DH is thrilled beyond words to see me getting back into being the woman he met and married...LOL! It only took two years!!
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I have to say no. I have always done my hair & make up daily. It's important to me that I feel good about myself and how I look :].
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I let myself go after my first pregnancy.  It is very easy to do because quite simply you don't have to luxury of time to do more than shower.  As the kids got a bit older,  I then had to wash, dress, clean teeth and brush hair of two other people on a daily basis that I couldn't be bothered to do more than what was necessary for myself. 

Now that my kids are a tween and a teen, I have made myself over.  I lost 35 lbs, bought new clothes, got a new hairstyle and a couple of tattoos, started looking after my skin and exercising.  I'm 45 years old and haven't felt or looked this good since I was in my 20's.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Nope I have not let myself go I weigh 120 pounds and I have three kids and my littlest is one year old and when I was pregnant I always dressed up.I dress instyle .You always have to make time for yourself even do things the nigt before or get up an hour earlier.
    Anonymous

• You have to find a happy medium. I have 5 kids and when I am home with them I dont get dressed up, put on make up or whatever. Theres no point because I am going to get dirty, be cleaning, cooking, doing arts and crafts etc. However, when we go out they know I am taking the time to dress in something besides sweats and a tshirt and I am putting on makeup, doing my hair and they are going to also clean up and look nice. I dont think anyone lets themseves go per say but we adjust to life around us.

Answer by gemgem at 12:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• hahaha i let myself go in college about 2 months after my DH & i started dating. it was more from stress & cafeteria eating than anything. so i was "let go" before i got married or had my DD. i gained 100 lbs in 4 years...not including baby weight. but ive been working on it & ive already lost 5 lbs this month!!

i shower more than i did before i got married, mainly b/c i have more time as a new mom than i had as a student. and i can still look pretty hot if i give myself the time haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:39 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I might be weird but I did after my first baby. Then after my second I got back into shape and cared what I looked like. I feel naked without wearing makeup. Plus I spend more time on my hair and gettting dressed up. I dont know what really changed after the second pregnancy but I am glad it did!
    Anonymous

• Yes, and now I'm too out of shape to chase after her....lol.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2009