what do you do

When your in love with a man who is in love with someone else?????????? Seriously what would you do? Give up, keep going with it? I honestly LOVE this guy, and he loves me (or so he claims and acts) but he is also in love with someone else!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Is he your boyfriend or just a friend? I'd start my getting over protocol and see him less.
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 12:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• He is an ex.........but we are trying to work things out after a year seperation and being with other people.
    Anonymous

• I would let him go. If you start out accepting this kind of behavior, where do you think it will lead to later on? The first thing to look for in a man whom you are considering for a husband is character. The second thing is the willingness to commit to one woman(that would be you) for the rest of his life. I see neither one of these criteria as being present in this guy, and I would tell him to his face that he didn't measure up to my husband criteria. If more women would do that, there would be a lot more guys who fit the bill.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would just give up.. I wouldn't chase no man..If he really loves you he will fight 4 u.
    Jrsmom2

Answer by Jrsmom2 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Your either together or not , you wouldnt be fair to your self if you gave all your love to him and he isnt completly doing the same thing.
    mommymomo07

Answer by mommymomo07 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• When your in love with a man who is in love with someone else?????????? Seriously what would you do? Give up, keep going with it? I honestly LOVE this guy, and he loves me (or so he claims and acts) but he is also in love with someone else!

My SO and I have been together for almost five years. When we first got together, I had just gotten out of my first four year relationship. He was my first love and he was the first to take my virginity. I will be honest with you, It took me almost three and a half years to fully stop having love in my heart for him. All of that time, My SO loved me so unconditionally and was very understanding. ( There were times to where he wasnt so understanding and loving) But my SO stood by my side and continued to shower me with love and affection and we are still together today. I would suggest to you to be like my SO and paitently wait, even if it hurts inside.
    leighannarobey

Answer by leighannarobey at 12:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i would let him go. you will look more appealing then. they never want you as much as when they don't have you. although in this case i think you should just leave him. he left you or you guys separated once already so maybe that is where your relationship should end. if it is meant to be he will come back.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Don't chase him.Find someone who gives their love to you and only you. I've been there and it's not worth it to go through all the heartache waiting to see if he chooses you.
    Anonymous

• If you are happy waiting for him to make up his mind, then thats ok. Personally I don't think you can turelly love 2 people at once. I think you can LIKE more than one person at once and even be in love with someone but (for whatever reasons) see other people that you like...but i really believe you can only love 1 person at a time. Love should fill your whole heart. And if its not doing that (with one person filling half and the other filling half) then it can't be true love.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Don't you feel like you deserve a man who wants YOU in return? He can't care much about you if he is willing to be so hurtful as "love" someone else. Sounds like he doesn't even know what love is.

Move on, and leave your ex where he belongs... in the past.
    Anonymous