WHEN, WHEN, WHEN?!?!?!

I just found out I am preggers today but don't go to the dr til feb 16th. This is our second baby the first is 19months. I know I don't have as much time until we tell the family this time because I am already getting colostrum and my pants are getting snug and I am only about 5-6weeks. I was wondering when you second time moms started to show and how soon did you tell your family. I want to wait til after I make sure everything is ok at the dr. appt but I don't know how long I should wait because I really want to find our own creative and exciting way to tell the family this time cause we didn't get to do it last time because it got spoiled. So how long before you told and how'd you tell them?

LOVE2bMOMMY525

Asked by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• While I have only been pregnant once, my Sister waited until she was 13 wks before telling anybody with all of her pregnancies. She showed earlier, and when we asked if she was pregnant she said "no just getting fat". The way she "told" us each time was to just put her older children in a shirt that said "I'm a bid brother/sister" and waited to see how long it took for us to notice.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Don't manipulate your breasts and the colostrum may slow down, tell your sweetheart play w/ something else, LOL.
    Don't take this wrong, this was just my exp.
    I was in maternity clothes w/ my 2nd pregnancy by 11 weeks. Here is the kicker, it was TWINS. If it is twins let me know later. I didn't have to have maternity clothes w/ my 3rd pregnancy til 2 nd trimester, but I was significantly overweight w/ him.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Funny story about when I started to show... I found out on my oldest DD's 1st bday I took a at home test and immediately it came up positive. So I told my family after the party that this is what happened. NO big deal but almost with in a week after that I started to show! I went in to get a dating ultrasound and they asked me then if I wanted to know the sex of the baby. I was told before this I was no more than 6-8 weeks along. Come to find out I was just over 5 months!!!! NO symptoms and had regular periods all up until I took the home test!!!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 12:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i have always been over weight so i really dont know but i threw the pt at my mom because my husband had just kicked me out and told me we where getting divorced with my dd my mom called my dad and said hi grandpa and then on down the line it became kinda a joke to call everyone and say hi with whatever they where gonna be this time it wasnt so easy to do that i just told them good luck and congrats
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• We just called our parents and told them...didn't make a really big production out of it. We live really far away from everyone, though.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 12:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• with my oldest i called my dad and told him. with my second i hid it from him till i was 7 months . this time i had my dads girlfriend tell him.
    carebear875

Answer by carebear875 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Make a tee shirt withthis saying on it..
    Front: I have a big suprise
    Back: I'm gonna be a big Brother/Sister
    TravisJohnsmama

Answer by TravisJohnsmama at 12:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• For my first pregnancy I called my mother at work and randomly asked her what she was done on a certain date about nine months from then. She thought about it and asked why. I told her cuz I wanted her to meet her grandbaby for the first time. She was so shocked she couldn't even respond at all. It was a great surprise.
    Anonymous

• I called my mom at work after the test and told her I was pregnant- then we got off the phone- then I looked around my lil apartment and the cat box in the bathroom that needed to be cleaned and called her back immediately sobbing "I can't even take care of a cat"

and she said "a cat and a baby are two different things- you will be fine"
    so then when the BF came home I had a little yellow layette set andgave it to him...
    also with the second he had to work when I found out the sex so I gave him a lil dress that day.

I am on my third and this is my current husbands first- he will be at the US so i don't get to do that to him. He also read the test before i did... sigh...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 1:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2009