What is the bare minimum you and your family can live on a day?

Take your average monthly spending and divide by 30. Now, could you cut that in half and live off of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No y do you ask?
    Anonymous

• 39.5 and if we had to we could live on half of that IF we had too.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• We'd have to adjust a lot, turn off cable, internet, everything.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• $57.37 and no we could not live on less thats the bare min not including clothes, toys, entertainment, vacations etc. Thats why we have savings, so if something terrible happens we can still live.

Answer by gemgem at 12:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• 140 and NO we could not life on half a that a day. There would be no way. We have to pay bills.
    shymom24

Answer by shymom24 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• 150 so half of that would be 75.00 that would be cutting it close with all the bills and extras..The kids couldnt do extra curricular activities and we would cut out internet and cable...
    Lovebama

Answer by Lovebama at 12:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• no, because our mortgage is more than half of our spending.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 12:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My hubby and I like to paly a pinching game. We pay our mortgage and utility bills then we see who can spend the LEAST each day. The best months we had we average spending (family of 4 after mortgage) of $12/day. It wasn’t easy, and involved some rather CREATIVE meals on both of our parts.... But we quickly saved over $1000 and learned a lot about wasteful spending we were doing that at the time seemed like we “needed to spend”. It was eye opening. But on average, I try to keep it to an avg of spending no more than 35-40(with mortgage included). But now I hoard alot more... :oP
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Anonymous 11:24, I am OP. I am reading Suzy Orman’s book and it is teaching me a lot. I was curious to see how others were doing it. http://www.suzeorman.com/
    Anonymous

• Many days, I spend 0 dollars. I tend to pay all of my bills at once and buy all of the groceries we need for an entire 1-2 weeks in one day. Could I take our income, divide by 30 and cut it in half and still live? Sure, but I would have to give up my house. My mortgage is about 1/4 of our monthly income. We could go back to renting and still have the same quality of life though.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2009