Water so cold its hot? after using hand sanitizer?

Ever since becoming pregnant (am 1 month post pregnancy now) ive been washing my hands more, just started using hand sanitizer last night and put it on this time right after i put cream on it didn't feel right so i ran it off with really cold water, but the water felt hot? can water be so cold its hot or was that just from the hand sanitizer
(on a side note maybe it feels like that from washing my hands too much?)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Health

• Hand sanitizer really isn't very good for you. It contributes to super-bugs like MRSA. It dries out your hands. It's like dumping chemicals on your hands several times a day. It's meant to be used sparingly in situations when you CAN'T get to a sink to wash your hands. I'd quit using it and just use regular soap.
    Anonymous

• I think it's the same effect as if you ran around barefoot in the snow and then came in and ran water over your feet. Feels hot b/c your feet are cold or b/c there's some kind of reaction going on there?
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2009