Can I start birth control 2 weeks after my period?

I am currently on the birth control pill, but i didnt take them since my period on the 15th, will it be alright if I just start from the week that i am suppose to be at if I didnt stop taking them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sure you can take them, but they won't be effective and you can get pregnant. You have to be on them an entire month, through your cycle, before they're effective. The doctor should have explained this to you.
    Anonymous

• you can. I have done this before to 'shift' my period a week because of plans I had.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:39 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• oh yeah I should of said that- yeah it will effect the effectiveness of the pills. Sorry mine aren't for that mine are for actual period control
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2009