Why would she contact me? A female friend of the BF of my older two children emailed me satying that he's trying to get in contact w/ me and my kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Huh?
    Anonymous

• I would just ignore it... don't even worry about it.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• yea that is kinda confusing but i wouldnt worry
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Try rewording the question I'm sooo confused. But it doesn't sound like anything serious so don't stress.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 12:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• He's never done anything for them in the 9 & 10 yrs. since they've been born. In fact. he's never really and truly acknowledged our daughter, just our son. If he's paid $1000 in that time, that's being generous. With family counseling, they've adjusted really well to him not being around and have an amazing SF whom they adore and are extremely close to. I don't want to feel guilty for keeping them from (and talking to) him, but at the same time, he doesn't deserve to.

Anonymous

• Sorry about the confusion.
    Anonymous

• no problem i think most of us figured it out but yea i would just slide it under the rug and forget about it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• If HE wanted to talk to you or the kids HE would contact you. It is no one elses business or anything so don't feel any guilt or anything.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• yeah, sounds like maybe he got in a relationship and SHE thinks it's important to contact his kids. It is not him taking initiative. I certainly wouldn't stand in the way if he is going to decide to man up, but that is not what he is doing...

Good luck, I hope it works out for you and your kids
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 1:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• No, he's not. And thank you ladies for all your advice, I appreciate it. And DH and I are  just going to keep doing what we've been doing, taking care of OUR kids as we have been. Thank you ALL again.

Anonymous