just wondering has any one ever took zofran for morning sickness

how good does this stuff work.

brittanysmom87

Asked by brittanysmom87 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It didn't work for me at all. I know other people who have had success with it. It just did nothing for me.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 12:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• It was my best friend! I had to take it first thing or I was sick all day. At the time I had medicare so I could only have 15 a month. I would cut them in half and it would still work just as good. Hope it works for you.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 12:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• thanks for the answers i dont have it yet but i am going to ask my doctor if he can cal me in some nothen ele is working.
    brittanysmom87

Answer by brittanysmom87 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My sis takes it, and it works pretty well for her. You have to wait until you're 14 weeks along though, I think.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My doc put me on Phenegren first, and it worked wonders, but it also knocked me out for hours! I loved it, but it just made me a Zombie, so the doc switched me to Zofran. It isn't as strong, so it worked moderately well but didn't make me as tired. I learned to love the reflief it gave me because I was sick my entire pregnancy.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Zofran worked well for me, it was my last resort. I can't take phenergren lol.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yes! I took Zofran when I had morning sickness. I was losing weight because of morning sickness and the doctor prescribe Zofran. After taking these pills I was able to eat without vomiting.
    ixadorexpink

Answer by ixadorexpink at 2:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I was on it, I did have to double my dose instead of one every 8 hours I was taking one every 4 hours. I was able to slow back to one every 8 hours after a few weeks and then slowly weaned myself off completely at 19 weeks.
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• zofran is typically used for patients on radiation therapy, or after surgery..... which means I would think its a pretty strong drug. That in mind it kicked out my morning sickness like you wouldnt believe. Im not sure why someone said you have to be 14 wks along since it is prescribed for morning sickness which you can start getting as soon as 4 weeks into your pregnancy. I am only taking 4mg a day and if I go a day w/out taking it I can totally tell! good luck!!! morning sickness SUCKS!
    destiny00843

Answer by destiny00843 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2009