doctors not trying to understand what your going through

i took a home pt and it came back positive so i made a doctors appointment took a pt there and it came back negative so then the doctor asked me was i getting my period and i said yes and its a normal period not spotting then he says you cant have period and be pregnant but im like i feel nauseous most of the day stomach feels tight some days then its smushy sometimes i think i feel something but im not sure maybe it could be something else that im feeling

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What are you asking?
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should see a different doctor, but take another pt test first, too. Sometimes they give false positives, but thats rare. I had a period when I was pregnant, not good but still possible.
    PassionBomb

Answer by PassionBomb at 12:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Go to a place like planed parenthood and have them give you a test, then you can take it to your doctor. If you truly thing you are then wait a few more weeks and get a blood test done. That will tell you yes or no.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 12:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• It 's very rare for an at home pregnancy test to come up with a false positive. False negatives are more common. I would take several more home tests and see how they come back. To get a positive on those things, it has to detect a certain pregnancy hormone.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Doctors, planned parenthood can do pregnancy tests that detail how many days pregnant you are. I had one done years ago it was negative and I was not pregnant. I had a period in my third pregnancy that was only one day compared to normal of 5 to 8 days. I didn't know my period was different until a day or two later when I realized in thinking that my period was much shorter than usual. Give it another week or two and retake the doctor's detailed blood test or regular blood test or even an otcpt.
    Anonymous

• Its not unusual to have a period the 1st couple month of pregnancy if not all through out. It could just be to soon after your period. Maybe wait another week and then do a pregnancy test again.
    mgurl

Answer by mgurl at 1:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would get a new doctor if he told you it is impossible to have a period and be pregnant my mom had her period with me until she was 4 months along and it was a normal period.
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• it's really hard most times.the HPT thing l don't really like it cos when it says postive it gives you hope,then when your Doc say neg, imagine how you will feel.if you feel most preg signs, don't worry,just give yourself sometime,then go for another blood test.if you are preg,with time you wil know.
    Anonymous

• since when is it "not uncommon" to have a period the whole time? I"ve had 6 babies & never did. I've known many women who have babies & they neve had a "period" when preg. either. I wouldnt be coming on here asking advice. I'd be taking another preg. test or asking your doctor to do a blood test.
    Anonymous

• I had that happen to me twice. Also,I had my peroid for the first 4 months of my pregnancy, but it was called threatening miscarriage and I was put on strict bedrest. If you got a positive and got a negative at the doctors office it is possible that you had what is called a chemical pregnancy. That is when a fertilized egg trys to implant, but isn't able to stay. It is very common. It is just most women don't catch it because they usually wait until there peroids are late to test. That is an unfortunate part of testing too early. If you are still feeling pregnant. I would wait and take a pregnancy test agian or get a blood test done at a doctors office. Good Luck!
    Anonymous