Formula Coupons/Checks Needed

If you have them and aren't going to use them,please pm me for my address! My daughter does not qualify for WIC because of her income from last year and I would use them to purchase formula for my grand-daughter.

marie111594

Asked by marie111594 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son went through more formula then wic would give, i mean lots and lots and i went to every formula website because some give sample cans and i signed up eveybody i knew to get one and i also went to the hospital and asked if they had any samples about to go out of date because at that time wic was giving enfimil and no one wanted the similac samples, so i got those, also there are public health organizations, not wic that have fromula also. There is a program that serves clients that do not get wic and the is the mac(mothers and children program), if is a federal program also. You could also contact social services as well as food shelfs sometimes they get donations, with this economy we all have to be creative!!! Formula is soo expensive, i also started my son and daughter on rice cereal (only rice cereal because it was so early) early like at 3 and a half months, really liquidly on a sppon its messy but they liked it.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 1:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Thank you for the advice.I have never heard of MAC but they do have it in her area and she is going to call them.Also, I have a call in to our local hospital as well and the food bank.Thanks again for the info!
    marie111594

Answer by marie111594 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• WIC has a pretty high income limit. If she didn't qualify because of her income she should be able to afford the formula. Not being mean, just honest.

Sadly, I just tossed out some formula coupons the other day because they had been rolling around the desk for months and I was sick of looking for someone to give them to.
    Anonymous

• Wow rude comment. Maybe she over qualified 5 bucks. Thinking before you speak works wonders.
    Anonymous