Spiritual Books for Kids?

Hi there - I'm on a quest to find some great spiritual books to share with my kids. We are a very open minded family and although our "deity of choice" is Jesus, we're not against others. I'm curious if anyone has some great books they could suggest that we could look into. Thanks so much and God Bless!!!

jenettyshome

Asked by jenettyshome at 12:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My kids like the books we get from the christian book store. I would suggest small books depending on age with individual stories. I have found getting them things like Bibles or books with more then one or two stories dont get read as often. I get books like David & Goliath, books on Samson and Delilah, Noahs ark etc. Try looking at any local christian books store and ask them. They are very good at whats the hot sellers.

Answer by gemgem at 1:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• http://www.graceandtruthbooks.com

This has a bunch of christian books.. relating to Moms Dads Marraiges, "KIDS", Toddlers, all sorts of stuff.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 1:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Hinds Feet on High Places....

or

THe Dangerous Journey..

Im not sure of the authors but I have read them and they are very Good Books for Kids..
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 2:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• The bible!!!
    Anonymous

• I just recently bought "My Big Book of 5-Minute devotions" by Pamela Kennedy. It has short stories about animals and their unique traits ........all of which relate to a bible verse. It has some short questions for discussion.....so far my son loves it. I got it on Amazon....it has more info and reviews there.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• One that would be more spiritual but not neccesarily christian would be "My first mandalas" Its a great way for kids to slow down and learn to concentrate. Mandalas are pieces of art that are created through meditation. The designs are meant to affect the subconcious mind in different ways. (Like inspiring peace or happiness etc.) This book happens to be premaid black and white mandalas for children to color.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 3:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I don't know how old your kids are, but i think the book "Lamb: The Gospel According to Jesus' Childhood Friend Biff" by Roger Moore is great! Its fun and not preachy.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I'm also not sure what age range your kids are or whether they are girls or boys or I could better give you some of my ideas! But here's a website that has lots of discounted books:

www.christianbook.com

Among some of our favorites were:
    The Rainbow Fish
    Treasures of the Snow by St. John (might be out of print now)
    The Mandie books by Lois Gladys Leppard
    The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
    The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
    The Reel Kids Adventures by Dave Gustaveson
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 7:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I guess I should've mentioned that. lol. My kids are 13, 12, 6 and 4. Thanks for the suggestions so far!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• try christian family store online. I live close to one but its all over and online too.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2009