Baby left alone in the dark at closed daycare. What do you think ought to happen to the owners/operators?

copy and paste for whole story:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24974269-421,00.html

pagan_mama

Asked by pagan_mama at 12:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They should be shut down and not allowed to have another biz like that
    Anonymous

• That is BS!! ITS A OUTRAGE!! They should be shut down and all of the employees involved should be arrested and charged with child neglect, endangerment, and abuse!
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i agree with lilymama and anon
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I agree with lilymama03
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 1:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Wow. That's ridiculus.  While I don't think the entire center needs to be shut do, I do think disciplainary actions are needed against the people responsible for closing the doors that day.  The day care needs to re-evaluate their closing procedures.  People involved would be the person actually locking up (I'd assume either the director or assistant director or whoever may take ont hat role in ther absence) and the teacher of that particular room.  I know babies can go unsee when sleep in cribs, etc. But that's no exucse.  My day care has a sign out sheet.  One the parents sign and one the classroom teacher signs.  Thsoe should be checked for all classes before leaving.

ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I agree with lilymama03. This is just horrid. My stomach was in knots reading this story!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 1:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i dont think that they should ever be aloud to have a daycare again, they should have made sure that all of the kids were gone and if not should have stayed there until someone had came and picked the little boy up.

if they can forget something this important what else are they forgetting to do??
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Holy crap. Shut down, and prosecuted for....something. Something bad.

THIS is why I am terrified to put my daughter in day care. I work nights so that I can watch her during the day, and family can watch her at night.

When I was 2, in day care, I bit a hole completely through my tongue after falling off the playground equipment, as well as had a huge gash in my chin that required stitches. THREE HOURS later, when my mom came to pick me up, my clothes, face, and hands were covered in dried blood. When she confronted the workers, they said it "didn't seem like a big enough deal to call her" over. That was my LAST day in day care.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• what else can you say--?? every point of contact possible should have been attempted- there were so many more options than locking the baby in the center alone... what did they think would come of this??? thank God he was ok
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 1:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Where were her parents? It is apparent this child was not picked up at the appropriate time. Her parents need be prosecuted.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2009