plz help... pain in my stomach and back?

I am having alot of pain in my upper abdomen (under my ribs, above my belly button) and my back. I cannot sit or bend in anyway or I have bad pains. The only way I am comfortable is standing up or laying down. If I move the wrong way I have terrible pains, but only in the upper part of my stomach(or uterus, i guess) and my back... i am waiting for my DR to call me back but until then, any advice or ideas? I am in so much pain. I am 18 weeks BTW

blondie09

Asked by blondie09 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im not sure, but mayve call the ER or labor and delivery center near you or where you will deliver to get an answer if your doctor hasn't called you yet. sounds kinda urgent.
    mgurl

Answer by mgurl at 1:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i would either go to your doctors and not wait for the call or call the hospital and ask if you should come in. you could be in early labor?
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i would say go to your dr's office maybe call one more time if not call the labor and delivery at your hospital, its always better to be safe than sorry... GOOD LUCK!!
    Anonymous

• I would say, GET TO THE HOSPITAL!! that pain sounds scary!!
    Happymom236

Answer by Happymom236 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2009