Where are all the republicans that??

Voted for Obama. I just wanted to know why? Clearly there had to be a reason for so many to sway away from their party.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Bush won in 04 by 51% Obam won by 52% that isnt a sweeping win. The country is still divided.
    Anonymous

• No, but there were some that voted for him. I wanted to know why. Thats the Q.
    Anonymous

• I know that some republicans voted for Obama and some democrats voted for mccain.So it is evened out still.Happens every election.Not everyone votes for their party.
    Anonymous

• The first anon points out that there probably weren't that many republicans that switched sides because it as still so evenly divided.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Because they didnt agree with McCain just like the Democrats that voted for McCain didnt agree with Obama.
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 1:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Not sure but I think the OP is looking for specifics...
    Lovebama

Answer by Lovebama at 1:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I know some who chose to switch to the dem ticket because of the war and global warming....I guess it is all in what is important to you at that time.

Now, I voted repub this time but hadn't before....I guess I like going against the grain a little.
    Anonymous

• I think after they realized Obama was serious on becoming building BIGGER Socialized Government ~they are in hiding...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• my FIL voted democrat for the first time this election. he had every intention of voting republican, but in the end he agreed with much of obama's policy and he had friends who had worked with and around McCain and heard he was an irrational and crazy person. that was very little of his decision though. he mostly based it on policy, debate and the fact that he felt that sarah palin was a dangerously underqualified for vice president. it was interesting to discuss everything with him through the process because he's above average in wealth and those were the people who tended to dislike obama the most due to their potential losses in taxes.
    Anonymous

• Look at the other choice, McCain is practically a fossil. Ask why the majority voted for Obama.
    Anonymous