• In the Spotlight:

Were you in labor and didn't know?

I'm curious how many moms on here were in labor and didn't even know it until they either delivered or got to the hospital.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't know I was leaking fluids but I knew instantly when I was in active labor. The doctor surprised me when he told me I had very little fluid left.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 1:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I didnt know with #1 or #2. I had false labor with #1 so many times I figured it was another false alarm. With #2 we had a BBQ the night before and went swimming, hung out with friends and my back started hurting and I felt like I ate something bad. I blamed it on the night befores activities. When the symptoms didnt go away I finally was like maybe im in labor?

Answer by gemgem at 1:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• With my first I just thought that the pains I was having was her kicking me in my bladder. When I went in for my palnned c-section and they hooked me up to the machine the nurse asked why I did not report being in labor. I just looked at her like she was crazy. Later on just before they took me into surgery I started REALLY feeling them though.
    Clarabutterfly

Answer by Clarabutterfly at 1:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I had no clue I was in labor. I went to my 36-week appointment, and the doctor told me I was in labor...I was 4 cm, fully effaced, and having regular contractions. Sounds silly, but I had no clue. I kind of felt crappy, but I didn't think anything of it. Turns out I was also leaking fluids. Hopefully, this time I'll know when I'm in labor!!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 1:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i didn't kno i was in labor until the nuse at my dr office told me. lol
    mamaof2boys148

Answer by mamaof2boys148 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I thought I was but I wasnt sure. I went to the hospital & had the baby with 30 of getting there. So yeah, I was & didnt know!
    Anonymous

• meant to say 30 minutes of getting there.
    Anonymous

• With my 2 1/2 month old it was a week later until I find out that my water broke.
    LND

Answer by LND at 1:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I had gone into false labor a couple of times with my son so, when I woke up one morning having contractions, I didn't think it was the real thing. I was convinced it was not the real thing until we were at the hospital and I was 7 cm dialated!
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I wasn't aware for the first few hours. I felt uncomfy so I took a nap. When I woke up I had a feeling but I still didn't act on it. Once I had bloody show I went ahead and called my midwife. I wish I could get all the way to delivery without knowing, That would be great!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2009