Ok ladies I have 2 questions. I have been researching them, but can't seem to find a good answer.

1. How can I use cinnamon sticks to make some potpourri?

2. How can I use vanilla to make some potpourri?

Yes, I do understand that other ingredients are needed, but I want to do this without flowers. I would also prefer that it be dried potpourri.

mimioester

Asked by mimioester at 11:38 PM on May. 28, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Well, for the cinnamon sticks you can cut them up and put them in a pretty dish or basket.

Vanilla? All I can think of is vanilla extract so I don't know about that since you want it dry.
    xXMarlyeXx

Answer by xXMarlyeXx at 11:46 PM on May. 28, 2012

• A whole vanilla bean and you crush it.....cut up the cinnamon into chunks....I don't know what else you want to do with them in particular
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:51 PM on May. 28, 2012

• My friend loves the smell of vanilla so I am trying to think of ways to make her that smell. I have things to put it in, but couldn't think of ays to make the smell and do it right.
    mimioester

Comment by mimioester (original poster) at 11:55 PM on May. 28, 2012

• Vanilla beans are expensive but would smell so good.
    xXMarlyeXx

Answer by xXMarlyeXx at 11:57 PM on May. 28, 2012

• Can you use essential oils to make the smell more potent??

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:13 AM on May. 29, 2012

• Maybe a scented soap or candle?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:56 AM on May. 29, 2012

• Get a clear vace (or seethrough decrotave one) Use the cinnamin sticks (cut to smaller size although not to small youll have to play with it.) and put in the vace with a string of about 50 white christmas lights. Plug in and enjoy. The heat will cause it to smell more. Just make sure its not always plugged in...only have it plugged in for about an hour or 2 at a time. Not sure what you can do with vanilla....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:36 AM on May. 29, 2012

• I melt a good smelling candle in my pot then add cinnamom stick,vanilla, orange extract or what ever else smells good and i always have a good smell in a heated pot.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 5:11 AM on May. 29, 2012

• IDK - bumped ya
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:07 PM on May. 29, 2012

• yes you can use cinnamon sticks to make potpourri. Cut them into 1 inch pieces. As for the vanilla. You could use dry vanilla to put in your mixture. Or find a vanilla oil to mix in.
    kbpegasus

Answer by kbpegasus at 9:01 PM on May. 29, 2012