Ok 36 weeks tomorrow! So ready to see my baby!

This sounds bad but I am going on walks and trying to go in to labor! I know it early but My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for 3 years and now that its so close I just cant wait anymore!!! Anyone else in this boat with me? We had a ultrasound last week and the doctor said she was good sized!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• CONGRADULATIONS!!! on the pregnancy, and the new edition to your family! dont worry the fw weeks will go by fast!
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 1:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• its great u are really full term at 36 so there is no problem with doing that
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I am not.. nothing will work unless your body is ready so I doubt walking and sex will do anything right now. But remember, at 36 weeks the babies brain is 1/3 the size of that at 39 weeks. Every week counts, including the last few weeks.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• just because she is good size doesnt mean shes ready. My SIL little guy was measuring around 8 and half pounds at 36 weeks but the dr said according to the ultrasound if he was born at 36 weeks he could have some trouble breathing. I know you wana have your baby but she wil come when she is ready be patient. She needs more time to develope.
    Anonymous

• just b/c your baby is a good size doesn't mean it is ready to come out the last few weeks are most important in development. YOu have waited 3 yrs to have this baby a couple of weeks isn't to long for your babies health.
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• dont listen to most of these "moms" they dont know crap! a baby is full term at 37 weeks! that is why they schedule c- sections for 37 weeks but i do agree that she wont come till she is ready i am 39 weeks tomorrow and sooo ready for mine to be here!!!
    melis1029

Answer by melis1029 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• melis: YOU need to research better. Yes human gestation is 37-42 weeks but a baby born after 39 weeks much more brain/lung organ development than a baby born at 37 weeks. AND the poster said "36" weeks.. not 37.

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I'm 37 weeks(38 in two days) but no WAY I'd try to get my baby out before it was time. ANd nothing will work if baby isn't ready. 36 weeks is 2 WEEKS before full term and a possible 6 weeks before baby is ready to be born. Having a baby in the NICU is no fun,
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Funny. My 39 weeker ended up in the NICU because he wasn't ready to be born. So full term or not, babies know when they are ready/
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Walking won't make her come early so walk your butt off! It just helps make the whole labor process easier when you do go into labor. But if for whatever reason she goes come soon I'm sure she'd be fine. I wouldn't do anything drastic to try and induce yourself though.
    Anonymous