WHY DO UNDERWIRE BRAS POKE YOU IN THE ARM PIT?

I CAN NOT FIND A COMFY BRA TRIED CHEAP TO EXPENSIVE HAVE SAGGY BREASTS FROM KIDS SO NEED A WIRE BUT DONT WANT TO FEEL IT IF I GET THE SUPPORT I NEED IM BEING POKED AND IN PAIN WHAT AM I DOING WRONG SO THAT IT EITHER PULLS AND KILLS MY BACK OR IS STABBING ME IN THE ARMPIT LIKE RIGHT NOW....OUCH.. IF IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE IM A SIZE 38D. ONE SIDE IS ALITTLE SMALLER THAN THE EITHER SO I HAVE TO WEAR A D- CUP TO COMPENSATE FOR THE LARGER SIDE. THANKS FOR THE INPUT..

danahake

Asked by danahake at 1:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Don't feel bad, I wear a larger bra than you do, and had all sorts of troubles for years, had just about decided they didn't make bras to fit me! I went here, and read about how to get the right size, and haven't been poked by a wire since! Try it. You may have to experiement with 2 or 3 sizes first, I did, but they do have a money-back guarantee, so it's worth it.

http://www.onehanesplace.com/webapp/commerce/command/ExecMacro/info.d2w/report?info=fitsolutions&OriginPage=BF
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I am a DD and have to wear an underwire too. I have never had one stick me all the time. Sometimes it might get me if I bend weird--but not on a regular basis. You should go to a store that measures you for proper fit and get sized properly. I did not too long ago and it made a BIG difference in the over all fit of the bras I now have.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 1:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• THANK YOU I LIVE IN SUCH A SMALL TOWN NOT SURE THEY HAVE THAT HERE ILL CHECK IT OUT. ITS LIKE ITS WHERE THE WIRE SITS IN MY ARM PIT I KNOW WIERD..
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 1:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• go get measured maybe it is too small
    kristie190

Answer by kristie190 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Victorias Secret will measure you for free. lol Ask my SIL. Her "bra fitter" got a little too friendly with her. lol. I still pick on her about it. She highly complimented her on her size, fullness...
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• If there is no Victorias Secret near you to fit you, here is an online fit guide that is easy to use, plus solutions to a lot of common problems with fit.

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/BFIT.aspx?refpagename=XSolutionStart%252Easpx&refdeptid=50475&refcatid=51898&cmAMS_T=XS3&cmAMS_C=C4&CmCatId=50475|51093|51849|51898
    Lethal232

Answer by Lethal232 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would be willing to bet that you are wearing the wrong size bra. I wear bras with underwire and the only time they poke me is when the wire is coming through the bra and that just means I need a new bra. Go to Victoria Secret and have them measure your real bra size.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• im gonna have to say wrong size as well.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 9:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• stop by a department store or Victoria's Secret to get a free customized bra fitting, many women dont wear the right size bra & its so uncomfortable. once you know the perfect size, it should be better :)
    oliveoyl214

Answer by oliveoyl214 at 1:25 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• IT IS NOT THE WRONG SIZE PEOPLE IVE TRIED PALYING WITH THE SIZE OF COURSE IM VERY SHORT FROM BOTTOM OF BREAST TO ARM PIT AND NEED THE LARGER SIZE SO ITS THE SIDES OF THE BRA THAT ARE THE PROBLEM. I NEED ONE WITH A SHORTER UNDERWIRE OR SOMETHING.. THIS IS NOT HELPFUL.. I ALREADY CONSIDERED SIZE..HELLO.
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 11:57 AM on Jan. 31, 2009