When to do a baby shower?

My sister is pregnant and not due until August so I know it's a ways aways, but I am a planner and will be giving her a baby shower. How far in advance should the baby shower be?

jandyrodax

Asked by jandyrodax at 1:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would say 4 weeks before her edd.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 1:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would say atleast 4-6 weeks before her due date unless she has to travel then it would have to be farther out. It also kinda depends on what she is asking for like if she is depending on the shower to get all the big things she needs then you want enough time to pick up stuff after the shower that she didn't get.
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would say got for about 6 weeks before. I had my last baby 4 weeks before she was due & if someone had been trying to throw me a shower it would have kind of put a kink in things. lol
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 2:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My SIL is holding mine 5wks before my EDD...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would say i'd do it about 8 weeks before baby is due to arrive because some mother's would like to see what she gets from all the wonderful baby gifts and if she dosent get some things the baby needs, she can get it onher own. she will have more time to get it instead of rushing around!! that's what i was trying to say, sorry I'm pregnant and my brain turns to marshmallow sometimes. LOL
    Happymom236

Answer by Happymom236 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• mine was done 2 mo before the due date...that is bc it seemed everyone else was so eager to have it! everyone was so excited and kept asking me when it was....but 4-6 weeks seems to be the avr.
    CplusG

Answer by CplusG at 2:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Mine was two months ahead too. I think that is a good time. That way if they don't get some things they wanted there is still time. Plus if they need to return things they again have time. Plus she may want to get all the baby clothes that she gets washed and hung up or put away. You are always so anxious to get it all done so I really think about eight weeks is a good time!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 2:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Thanks everyone.
    jandyrodax

Answer by jandyrodax at 2:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• 8 weeks AT LEAST... b/c i had a shower planned for 5 weeks and i had him 4 weeks early and was in the hospital for 2 weeks... :( so i didn't get to have that shower... I was kinda sad :(
    MamatoaCutiePie

Answer by MamatoaCutiePie at 3:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i had mine 2 months before my due date but thats because if not it would have been to close to the holidays and i hate thanksgiving traffic this time it is 2 weeks before my due date i didnt plan this one though the day after valentines it was gonna be v day but to many couldnt make it so now its the 15 kinda cheesy but this is the first year ill be alone on v day and my sister wanted to be sweet gotta love family lol
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009