Are we still soul mates?

I have been happily married to my husband for over 6 years. I have always felt like he was my soul mate and he is my best friend. We have a great relationship! We have always tusted and respected each other. We have a 3 year old daughter and I would like to have another baby but my husband doesn't want anymore. So since we don't have some of the same goals, does that mean that he is not my soul mate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• It just means you are human.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• What's the definition of soul mate?

Answer by louise2 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I dont think a soul mate means someone that is the same as you or always wants the same things at the same time. I think a soul mate is someone that challenges, comforts, supports, teaches and learns from each other.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Diffrent views are great in a lasting marriage, keeps things from getting old, same ol same ol, ya know. My hubby and I are comlete opposites and we have been together for 18 years, he keeps me grounded and I set him free. I hope this makes sense!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I think what's more important is the reason he doesn't want anymore kids...if its something you can live with I guess let it be, if not talk to him. IMO Soul mate thing is kinda fantasy-ish, a marriage is a couple who completes eachother and are companions for life...they don't always agree.
    Anonymous

• Soul mates== a person with whom one has a strong affinity.....one of two persons compatatible with each other in disposition,point of wiew or sensitivity.
    Anonymous

• You will always run into disappointments and disillusionments in any relationship. It is how you work through them and find compromises that makes you two soulmates.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• It means you both just have different opinions and thoughts.
    Life would be boring if you both agreed on everything all the time.
    Anonymous

• I have been married for 23 years. My husband and I are total opposites. Some thingshugging to remember is never stop laughing together. Make sure to allow alone time. Never give up on each other.

Theresa87

Answer by Theresa87 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• You can still be soulmates. Maybe he doesn't want to go through the "baby" stage again? So if you would like more kids maybe consider an adoption? Or maybe he's got normal fears of having responsibility for 2 instead of 1 and when you suggest alteranatives or talk it out he will reconsider.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2009