Is it okay to still try to lose weight while pregnant?

Is it okay to excercise and eat moderatley while pregnant? I'm not very far along (5 wks), but I'd still like to shed some extra pounds before I get huge and don't feel like doing anything!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its good to exercise and eat healthy but just don't over do it. if you exercise now it will be easier to stay active through your whole pregnancy.
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• forgot to add: I know it's GOOD to get excercise in while pregnant, but how much is overdoing it???
    Anonymous

• Follow your doctor's instructions - this neither a time to gorge nor to purge.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I know a person who is due in the end of May. She is big on her weight. Don't like to gain a pound. She doesn't even look pregnant. She excercises daily and eat nothing but healthy foods. I think it's good for the baby to eat healthy and was told excercise makes labor a little easier but I'm not to big on small babies. Her stomach is still flat as it was before she got pregnant. Another friend of mines is due a week before her and she is showing big time. There is no mistaken she is pregnant.

I'd say it's healthy
    MomofTwo117

Answer by MomofTwo117 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Don't start a high impact regimen now. I walked 2 miles everyday and lost weight but was still healthy, and eat sensibly you can loose weight.  Tell your doc first though.

Anonymous

• It's good to exercise while pregnant but if you haven't been working out and your just now pregnant and wanting to start losing weight now i would ask your dr cause i think you can miscarry if you stress out your body even more. But 4 right now just eat healthy.
    Anonymous

• Consult with a prenatal dietician/nutritionist over your concerns & follow your prenatal doctors instructiions.
    Otherwise in the meantime,do low impact exercises,proper diet,eat when you need to,stay hydrated and have your prenatal vitamin daily.
    Good luck to you & baby!
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• ur baby needs nutrients, food and lots of water. Your body while pregnant needs extra calories, protein and other things. Why would u risk losing ur baby? You can exercise but not alot. I got a hemmorhage while pregnant this time b/c of lifting my 15mth old daughter and now I don;t do any lifing or strenuous housework. Everytime I stand too long it causes bleeding. My hemmorhage is like about gone now.
    Anonymous