Question for BF-ing moms

Have you ever had to use lotrimin on your nipples cause your baby got a yeast infection on their tongue??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YES I have had trush. It was no fun. She got it in her mouth and I got it on my nipples. You have to be very careful not to keep passing it back and forth to eachother. So both of you need to be treated. I was put on a prescription cream from my OB and she was put on a liquid med from her doctor. you can also use genta violet (sp?) over the counter that works really well.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 1:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I don't think lotrimin is okay for the nipples because it goes in the babys mouth. Thrush is treated wtih Nystatin which is a liquid that is safe for the baby and you put it in their mouth several times a day and also treat your nipples. It can be difficult to get rid of but make sure you treat all the toys and rattles by washing them down. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2009