Is there a way that i can produce more milk?

i have an infant about 6 weeks old and i want to keep him on breast milk... i have to start my externship for school in about 2 weeks and i will be away for about 8 hours a day during the week for 7 weeks is there any way i can produce more milk so that i can pump it and send it with him

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• drink a lot of liquids and eats soups. that helps produce more milk... and also if you start pumping in between feedings your breasts will start supplying more because they believe there is more demand.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 1:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• you can feed frequently and pump frequently, but for me I could not pump alot at a time at first so the breast should meet supply and demand so try to increase milk by pumping more. I also could not use a breast pump, I was able to get more with pumping by hand
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• When I was pregnant I looked up a lot of stuff, and it said see if they have a pumping area at your work. If they don't they might be able to set one up. Then you can pump on breaks and keep up supply
    CadensMama117

Answer by CadensMama117 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2009